Matt tagged me with this meme.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players post 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules with their 8 facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
I don't like tagging others, so I'll ignore number 4. Here are random facts about me:
1. I was part of the first team in my high school's history to win the state championship in basketball. (My team isn't listed on this chart, but we won the Division 1 title in 1993-94.) The final game was a bit anticlimatic; we won by thirty points. (It was a combination of a diamond-and-one half-court press, the flex offense, and a two-three match-up zone defense. We also milked the clock like crazy, making the other team play defense for long stretches of time. Do I sound like I'm reliving the glory days?)
2. I am a firm believer in the use of the serial comma.
3. When I worked at Borders Books and Music during grad school, I read the stories for children's storytime on Saturdays. My favorite stories to read were Where the Wild Things Are and Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. Also, T. S. Eliot's poems about cats did not go over so well with the kiddies.
4. My cat, Mimo, is named after an outdoor cafe in uptown Whittier.
5. My favorite band is the Jayhawks. My favorite album is Sound of Lies. My favorite song on that album is "Haywire."
6. Growing up, I had subscriptions to Odyssey and Boys' Life magazines.
7. I once talked with Jonathan Lear for twenty minutes about original sin.
8. I remember watching the sixth game of the 1988 NBA championship in a hotel in Toronto with my family. We were on vacation. I remember lying on the waterbed, eating cheese puffs, and watching Isiah play his heart out with a bum ankle.